Hacked Panasonic GH2 vs Hacked GH1 @ 1080p and 720p
Here is my first preliminary test comparing the hacked GH2 vs the GH1. The GH2 was using the following settings
720p SH mode
This is not a recommended setting, but has been working just fine for me producing 720p footage with average bitrates over 40mb a second with out causing any errors on PNY cards.
Just a slightly higher bitrate than Vitality’s recommended settings. Again, Vitality is stressing not to mess with the GOP right now, as I did with 720p, so do so at your own risk.
The GH1 was using lpowell’s 75mb high reliability patch
Both cameras used the same lens, same f-stop WB kelvin and shutter settings. The GH1 was used at 100iso and the GH2 at 160iso accounting for the difference in ISO ratings between the cameras.
- The Last Great Hacked GH2 update
- Working on new tutorial series
- Price Drop on Best GH2 High Bitrate Card! Now $159!
- 4. Hacked Panasonic GH2 Tutorial Series | Testing Footage | ISO Bug
- RED Scarlet X is here
- Hacked GH2 Tutorial Series | Episode 3 | Testing the card and settings
- Hacked GH2 Tutorial Series – Episode 1
- 4K Anamorphic with the Hacked GH2
- GH2 with 14-140 Lens for $1199!
- Burst Mode vs Hacked GH2 at 132mbs – How do they compare?